Saturday, May 17, 2008

Beijing = Home?

Geeze its been almost 3 weeks since I've written something on this blog. Its been on my mind seriously like every day but I just haven't gotten around to writing something interesting or I've been held up with homework or other activities.
I think one of the main things is that since i've been here for about 2 months already, things are starting to seem normal and not so out of the ordinary for me as it was when I got here. Its normal for me to cross the street without looking if the light is red or green, its normal for me to see people walking down the street picking their nose or ears or hawking up loogies (still super gross though), and its normal for me to stand in the subway or bus with absolutely no room to turn and have to shove back when being shoved.
Its definitely a nice feeling to know I'm used to living here and its even more awesome when I run into someone from class or someone I've met before on the street or somewhere off campus just because I know people now! haha

Another probably minute detail on why I haven't been updating is because my neighbors on my floor all pitched in and got a wireless lan going and they forced me to learn how to play Enfos on Warcraft - -''

I'm really excited for the next oncoming weeks because I have a bunch of friends that are coming from Minneapolis to visit Beijing, so right now I'm trying to see everything and learn about all the cool places to go to show them a good time. I think the price of food and stuff is enough to make them love Beijing haha

School is periodically getting more difficult. Everyone is running out of steam seeing that we have to endure 6 hours of class with the temperature now rising to 80's every day, its nice to be outside but the teachers don't like my idea of having class in the park haha...
6 hours a day of chinese is seriously grueling though. I try to wake up at 7, breakfast at 7:45 and then class at 8. Lunch at 12, and back to class from 2-4. When we get out of class, the afternoon is basically over and all the teachers expect us to review for the next lesson which is completely unreasonable.
I have dinner and chat with my neighbors and before I know it, its already 9 and I have to do homework and bed is usually around 12 or 1 because I eventually give up and know that if I don't go to bed I'll fall asleep in class the next day.

So I mean this is life. And I honestly didn't know how close to college dorm life it was going to be, I wish I brought my wii though. Rockband would have been awesome because everyone that's from the states have been here since rockband came out so they're all dying to try it haha...

No comments: