Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Useful Tip- Doctor's visit


So my roommate told me that he's getting tired of hearing the sound of me coughing so today I asked my teacher if she could tell me where I could go for a doctor's visit. She was so nice that she actually accompanied me along through the entire process. The location of the BLCU hospital is right outside the West Gate, you cross the street and its the building on the right side.

I walked in and went up to a counter down the hall and they asked for 2.5 kuai, gave me a sort of white booklet and told me to find a doctor. There was an empty seat in one of the offices so I sat down and was somewhat put off at their lack of organization. Books and note books and tools were kind of everywhere and the "doctor" i guess, asked me what was wrong and grabbed a flashlight and told me to open my mouth. The thing that worried me was that the flashlight was super dim, she shook it and banged on it with her fist to make it work and it sort of sputtered out a little bit more light and she's like "ahh i see that your throat is somewhat irritated"...newsflash for me...

She perscribed 3 kinds of medicines all without doing anything other than look at my throat. One was a spray that had to be taken 3 times a day and whenever my throat hurt? One was a bottle, 20 ml, morning, noon, and night. And then this box of what looked like batteries, take one bottle 3 times a day.
I can assure you that I've taken this stuff and it tastes really really nasty. I did feel somewhat relieved but I'd rather cough than try to choke that stuff down again.
All together the medicine cost me 67 kuai. The most surprising thing about the entire visit was that seeing the doctor only cost me probably around 40 cents US

No comments: