Sunday, May 25, 2008

I miss my 10,000 lakes

So I think like a week later, and I'm still coughing up a storm?
I finally managed to find a medicine store on Friday that sold Pei Pa Gao, a black syrupy Chinese herbal cough medicine I recognize from the cupboard from home. Unlike my childhood memories, this stuff actually tasted better than Vicks or Robutessin cuz it has honey and ginger and a lot of other stuff I've never heard of...Indian bread, Milkwort Root, Snakegourd seed? Anyways, once I take it my cough and sore throat are instantly relieved for a few hours and then I have to take it again because I get close to haking up a lung. I've been getting a lot of bloody noses too the past 3 days so I definitely know that I don't have a cold and that its just the hot dry un-humid weather which I guess....(aghhhrrrggg I got another mosquito bite!) I'm not completely used to yet. I need the hot humid sticky air that Minnesota summer is all about. I'm not going to be here long enough to justify getting a humidifier, so I guess I'll have to tough out the dust. I just checked the weather report for the rest of the week and it doesn't seem that there will be any rain this week, darn.

No comments: