Wednesday, May 21, 2008

To Zhong Guan Cun and Back

I seem to only be attracted to activities that will completely drain my energy and leave me completely dead by the time I get back to my room.
I kind of ran out of space on my laptop since all the pictures I've been taking have been in full quality and I just have a tendency to be a packrat for documents and pictures. I needed to finish a project for work and so the place to go for cheap electronics at a bargain is at Zhong Guan Cun. About 45 minute walk from BLCU or 45 min bus ride during rush hour.
Sanghoon and I went there planning on only getting a flashdrive for each of us, but since prices are so ridiculously high and people expect you to bargain, I needed to walk around and check on flashdrives and prices. I ended up going with a 4 gb Kingston brand flashdrive.


I hate dealing with those annoying caps because they tend to force you to keep track of them and if you lose it you kind of freak out. This one had a slider on it, and I spent 2 hours walking around looking for the best deal and I finally settled for this one for 17 bucks.
Afterwards, we went to grab something to eat and I needed to look for DVD players and speakers. Passable speakers get as low as 8 bucks for 2 speakers and a sub, and I'm looking for a specific type of dvd player that has a usb port so you can watch .Avi files on it.
Not saying that I'm going to download more movies off the internet and watch them on my dvd player, but it's crossed my mind ^_-

Well I have about 3 weeks left until I have to go back home and I have barely scratched Beijing's surface. I've had a scratchy throat for the past 3 days and now I started coughing today, like a lot, its not because of the pollution but because they're doing major 24/7 construction on the road right outside of our dorm. They started about 2 weeks ago and if I leave the balcony window open during the day, dust accumulates everywhere in the room so I'm assuming that the source of my sore throat is because of that.
Sorry I haven't written anything about my trips to the Temple of Heaven here in Beijing, or my weekend in Shanghai, I'll try to get to it maybe once the weekend rolls around *cough cough*

No comments: